I'm standing a the bottom of a lush, grassy hill. The sky is blue and distant mountain peaks tease the clouds. Colours are vivid and the air tastes sweet. The silence is broken by tiny feet running down the green slope in front of me. They are shapes. Yes, shapes. Green triangles, pink hearts and purple diamonds. All about knee height, faceless with small black arms and legs. They guide me up the hill in a hurried frenzy. At the top stands a log cabin, straight out of Bob Ross land, they usher me inside... and there he stands. King Triangle. Bigger than the other shapes, an impressive isosceles, he asserts his power over the smaller shapes with his bejeweled staff. He to is green and faceless, a gem encrusted medallion hangs around his... neck?
He hands me a key and tells me to free the dinosaur... okay. I exit the cabin and survey a beach below me at the toes of the hill. As i walk closer i see a cage, within which is indeed, a dinosaur. An Iguanodon to be more precise. I approach but a figure blocks the way, it is non other than Captain Pugwash. Of course it is. He has an angry face, frown lines and everything. I attempt to amuse him by singing a sea shanty which he enjoys very much. Unaware of my motives and my natural European affinity for liquor, he invites me for a bevy. Swashbuckling. Needless to say, i drink Mr Pugwash under the table and free the dinosaur. Pretty anti-climatic if i do say so myself.
I make my way back up the hill once again, where the cabin now stands empty. Beyond the cabin is a sort of river. A river in a blue gutter on stilts. Sort of like a slide, but without the sliding aspect, it flows horizontal, raised above the ground in a wide blue gutter. Within it sit row after row of little pink hearts. Motionless, they simply sit and float down the lazy river. I jump in and join them. The river flows onward and is now 40 stories above what looks like a lake. I peer over the side of the gutter to see two guys and a rocket standing in the middle of the water below. They beckon me and i jump over the edge... and that`s it.
This was a dream I had ages ago, if anyone could shed any light, that would be nice.

No comments:
Post a Comment